This paper concentrates on the primary theme of Write at least one paragraph for each disease listed explaining why you’d like to learn more about that disease. Why do you think the disease requires further study? in which you have to explain and evaluate its intricate aspects in detail. In addition to this, this paper has been reviewed and purchased by most of the students hence; it has been rated 4.8 points on the scale of 5 points. Besides, the price of this paper starts from £ 45. For more details and full access to the paper, please refer to the site.
Your Epidemiology research report seeks to identify one of the diseases that are currently on the rise in the United States. The first step is to identify the disease you’re going to research.
- List three diseases you’re interested in researching further.
- Write at least one paragraph for each disease listed explaining why you’d like to learn more about that disease. Why do you think the disease requires further study?
Your paper should:
- be at least 1 page in length.
- be free of spelling and grammar errors.
Submit your completed assignment to the drop box below. Please check the Course Calendarfor specific due dates.
Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document. (Mac users, please remember to append the “.docx” extension to the filename.) The name of the file should be your first initial and last name, followed by an underscore and the name of the assignment, and an underscore and the date. An example is shown below:
The purpose of this project is to enable you to understand, appreciate, and apply the concepts, methods, and tools of epidemiology in the prevention of an acute or chronic disease that is affecting our society. There has been considerable progress towards understanding the causes of many health conditions and applying control and prevention measures, yet many of these health conditions are still on the rise. There is still lot of work that needs to be done.
We need material, methods, and tools that can eradicate these conditions from our society and decease human suffering. The question is can we control or eradicate many of today’s health conditions that afflict our society? As an epidemiologist, you are not just identifying and measuring a health problem but recommending ways to implement control and prevention measures.
With this project you will identify one of the diseases that are currently on the rise in the United States. You will first look at the epidemiology of the disease or health condition. Then you will elaborate on past and current measures that have been adopted for its control and prevention. Finally, you will attempt to answer some of the reasons as to why we are unable to control it and what future holds for us in terms of controlling of the disease.
Your final project is due in Module 10. There will be individual assignments along the way. The module they are due is noted in the time line below.
Select the Report Topic
Future Directions and Strategies
For this project, you will write an original research paper with a body of 5-6 pages. The goal of this project is:
- To select a health condition for control and prevention
- To discuss the epidemiology of the health condition
- To identify and highlight past and current key preventive and control measures
- To identify problem areas for control and prevention
- To recommend some future direction for control and prevention
When completed, your project should consist of the following:
- Title Page – captivating title, your name, title of the course, date
- Body – 4-5 pages consisting of introduction, background on your topic, research on past and current methods of disease prevention and control, an examination of issues with the current approach to prevention and control, an evaluation of future approaches, and a strong conclusion.
- Incorporate key elements of a quality research paper (e.g., strong thesis, attention-getting opening, topic sentences, etc.).
- Use proper mechanics: clear, concise, complete sentences and paragraphs, proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation. (See style handbooks recommended by your college’s Online Library, which you can access through the Resources tab.)
- Use five or six sources for the paper from your research. Your textbook is a good resource. Internet resources should be reliable, for instance, a university or government website. Please use one or two sources as available from your college’s Online Library. Use statements and ideas that you have come up with on your own and blend these in with your research. Do not plagiarize. If you want to use actual words from a source, put them in quotation marks with the source.
- Follow APA format for citing your sources. APA format should be used for in-text research source references and in the annotated bibliography in the References Page at the end. For APA guidelines, go to your college’s online library, which you can access through the Resources tab.
Reference Page – in APA format.
Each assignment leading up to the final assignment is evaluated and graded independently. Your instructor will provide specific grading criteria for each step of the project prior to its due date.