This paper concentrates on the primary theme of Workforce demographics: What are the implications of changing workforce demographics including the aging workforce? in which you have to explain and evaluate its intricate aspects in detail. In addition to this, this paper has been reviewed and purchased by most of the students hence; it has been rated 4.8 points on the scale of 5 points. Besides, the price of this paper starts from £ 79. For more details and full access to the paper, please refer to the site.
Human Resource Management
Human Resources Strategic Positioning Plan - Part 1
Assume that your learning team is a consulting firm and Riordan Manufacturing has hired you. It realizes that potentially a large group of baby boomers could retire soon. You have been hired to prepare a comprehensive Human Resources Strategic Plan for this company that will sustain the human capital and enable the organization to:
a. Meet its ongoing goals
b. Support the organization`s goal to attract key technical and leadership human capital for long-term competitive advantage
Locate the Riordan Manufacturing virtual organization on your rEsource page. Then, prepare a 2,000-2,500-word paper addressing the following elements:
a. Company and Workforce Overview
1) Identify the company goals and needs
2) Evaluate the company`s business requirements for human capital
3) Describe how organizational culture plays a role in human resources
4) Assess workforce diversity issues
b. Prepare a "continuity plan" that includes the following workforce assessment:
1) Workforce demographics: What are the implications of changing workforce demographics including the aging workforce?
2) Job satisfaction: What are elements that lead to job satisfaction (e.g., money, flexible schedules, training, recognition)
3) Single point failure: Identify critical skills ("single point failure"); develop a plan to mitigate this single point of failure
4) Recruitment and selection:
a) Methods to recruit and select potential employees (logistics, media campaign, use of agencies, colleges, job fairs, promotional materials, interview process, relocation plan)
b) Methods to recruit other kinds of workers in the organization (e.g., part-time employees, supplemental workers, contingent workers, etc.). What is the rationale for the use of a variety of workers? What are the associated risks and advantages to using these types of employees and workers?
5) Recommendation. Develop a recommendation for a comprehensive selection strategy that meets the business objectives noted above.
Throughout your paper, integrate theories and concepts from your text and other sources as you review your organization. That is, what do the experts say should be happening; how does this relate to what is happening in your organization?