This paper concentrates on the primary theme of Which of the following is the best example of a gender stereotype? in which you have to explain and evaluate its intricate aspects in detail. In addition to this, this paper has been reviewed and purchased by most of the students hence; it has been rated 4.8 points on the scale of 5 points. Besides, the price of this paper starts from £ 45. For more details and full access to the paper, please refer to the site.
Week 3 Quiz
1. Structural mobility occurs when
a. An indivdual moves up the class ladder.
b. An individual moves down the class ladder.
c. A large group moves up or down the class ladder due to societal changes.
d. A member of a family belongs to a different class than his or her siblings.
2. Social stratification is a system that
a. Ranks society members into categories.
b. Destroys competition between society members.
c. Allows society members to choose their social standing.
d. Reflects personal choices of society members.
3. A sociologist who focuses on the way that multinational corporations headquartered in core nations exploit the local workers in their peripheral nation factories is using a _______ perspecitve to understand the global economy.
d. Symbolic interactionist
4. One flaw in modernization theory is the unwillingness to recognize _______.
a. The semi-peripheral nations are incapable of industrializing.
b. The peripheral nations prevent semi-peripheral nations from entering the global market.
c. Its inherent ethnocentric bias.
d. The importance of semi-peripheral nations industrializing.
5. What is the one defining feature of a minority group?
b. Numerical minority
c. Lack of power
d. Strong cultural identity
6. What is discrimination?
a. Biased thoughts against an individual or group.
b. Biased actions against an individual or group.
c. A belief that a race different than yours is inferior.
d. Another word for stereotyping.
7. Which of the following is the best example of a gender stereotype?
a. Women are typically shorter than men.
b. Men do not live as long as women.
c. Women tend to be overly emotional, while men tend to be more levelheaded.
d. Men hold more high-earning jobs than women.
8. According to symbolic interactionist perspective, we ‘do gender’
a. During half of our activities.
b. Only when they apply to our biological sex.
c. Only if we are actively following gender roles.
d. All the time, in everything we do.