This paper concentrates on the primary theme of What role did religion and philosophical beliefs about human rights play in shaping these movements? in which you have to explain and evaluate its intricate aspects in detail. In addition to this, this paper has been reviewed and purchased by most of the students hence; it has been rated 4.8 points on the scale of 5 points. Besides, the price of this paper starts from £ 45. For more details and full access to the paper, please refer to the site.
1. What were the distinguishing characteristics of the anti-slavery movements in the North and South? What role did religion and philosophical beliefs about human rights play in shaping these movements?
2. What were whites’ perception of Free African Americans with regards to the abolition of slavery? What role did this class of African Americans play in the abolitionist movement?
3. How did the Democratic Party belief in white supremacy shape the actions they took toward American Indians, women and African Americans?
4. How did the Second Great Awakening influence the establishment of Black churches with an emphasis on action? What was the specific type of action taken up by Black Churches such as the AME Church?
5. Do you think that the American Colonization Society’s intentions to help free and slave African Americans were genuine? Were you aware that the North (through groups like the ACS) had proposed to pay Southern plantation owners for their “property” to end slavery but could never agree upon a dollar amount so they allowed slavery to continue until the Civil War? Do you think then the North was complicit with allowing slavery to continue?
6. What roles did Black women play in the Abolitionist Movement? Did the educational level and social class of the women effect how she was able to participate?
7. What prompted the radical tone that developed in the anti-slavery movement? Who or what influenced this radical shift toward emancipation and equality?
300 WORDS MINIMUM, CITE CHICAGO STYLE