Answer the following five questions from the end of the chapters assigned for reading from your textbook E-Commerce business, technology, society Laudon & Traver. Your responses must be submitted in an APA-formatted Microsoft Word document with a cover page and references page. Each response should be well-developed and in essay format (introduction, body, format). You need to clearly cite your sources within your responses.
1. What is e-commerce? How does it differ from e-business? Where does it intersect with e-business?
2. What are some of the specific ways that a company can obtain a competitive advantage?
3. Compare and contrast the various scaling methods. Explain why scalability is a key business issue for web sites.
4. Discuss why new and improved security measures are not enough to stop online crime. What is the missing ingredient?
5. Why would the amount of experience someone has using the Internet likely increase future Internet usage?
Week 4 E-Commerce Name: Institutional Affiliation: Professor: Course Date Introduction E-commerce can be defined simply as transactions that are conducted over the internet. These transactions make it easier for the buyers to gain access to different products and make purchases of these products and services through an online platform without necessarily having to travel to different stores for the same (Laudon & Traver, 2010). The innovation of E-commerce took place around 1995-2000 that was inhibited by idealistic visions for the market through the use of quality information that was availed for the buyers. However, E-commerce failed to meet its objectives, a factor that was followed by its second entry into the developmental stage. This stage saw many traditional organizations make use of the Web in enhancing their business functions (Laudon & Traver, 2010). This revolution theref