This paper concentrates on the primary theme of What are the reasons why companies would choose to have an IPO? Why do some firms remain or go private? in which you have to explain and evaluate its intricate aspects in detail. In addition to this, this paper has been reviewed and purchased by most of the students hence; it has been rated 4.8 points on the scale of 5 points. Besides, the price of this paper starts from £ 45. For more details and full access to the paper, please refer to the site.
FIN430 M3A1 – Initial Public Offerings
Assignment 1: Discussion—Initial Public Offerings
There is something exciting about being a part of an Initial Public Offering (IPO). Who can forget Martha Stewart banging the gavel at Wall Street’s opening on the day her stock went public?
However, the reality is something completely different. While we remember Stewart at the top of her game, we also remember what happened soon after. Public companies are under much more scrutiny. In recent years, many companies have changed course and gone private.
For this assignment, address the following questions:
- What is the difference between a privately held company and a publicly held company? Explain your answers.
- What are the reasons why companies would choose to have an IPO? Why do some firms remain or go private? Explain your answers.
- Identify at least three regulatory agencies involved in an IPO. Explain their respective roles in such an offering.
- What are at least three of the government’s requirements for a company that is considering going public?
- Is going public always the best strategy for a company? Why or why not?
Your answers should address all of the questions above. Read all of your classmates’ postings and comment on at least two other postings.
****** PLEASE PROVIDE TWO QUESTIONS WITH THE ANSWERS PERTAINING TO THE DISCUSSION