Training Topic: HIPAA privacy and security rules.
- Audience: All healthcare organizational employees
M Course Project (due in Week 6) will be a five- to seven-page (excluding title and reference pages), double-spaced APA paper designed as a training manual for a particular healthcare audience. This week, you will select a topic and submit a Microsoft Word document with your topic selection, formal and academic content outline, and preliminary resources formatted as an APA paper including title and reference pages emented with a minimum of four references, one from each of the following sources: (1) the current course textbook; (2) a state or federal governmental source (.gov); (3) a peer-reviewed HIM journal from DeVry’s online library databases; and (4) other professional source such as AHIMA, HIMSS, and so on. Unacceptable sources for the assignment are
- paid or politically motivated legal sources;
- Wikipedia and other wiki-type and open sources;
- About.com, ask.com, Yahoo.com, or any paid sites including cheat sites paid to do the work for the student;
- dictionaries or encyclopedias;
- blogs; and
- layman or political sources promoting their services.The outline should be an exclusive list of content topics that not only meets the content requirements of the assignment and includes any additional topics that may add to the depth and breadth of the approved topic. Below are several tutorials to help you get started, which are found in THE|HUB under the Student Resources tab to the left.