This paper concentrates on the primary theme of Topic: Models of Nursing Care: Progressive Patient Care Model in which you have to explain and evaluate its intricate aspects in detail. In addition to this, this paper has been reviewed and purchased by most of the students hence; it has been rated 4.8 points on the scale of 5 points. Besides, the price of this paper starts from £ 40. For more details and full access to the paper, please refer to the site.
Topic: Models of Nursing Care: Progressive Patient Care Model
The purpose of this assignment is to identify nursing care models utilized in today’s various health care settings and enhance your knowledge of how models impact the management of care and may influence delegation. You will assess the effectiveness of models and determine how you would collaborate with a nurse leader to identify opportunities for improvement to ensure quality, safety and staff satisfaction.
Completion of this assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes.
CO#1: Apply leadership concepts, skills, and decision making in the provision of high quality nursing care, healthcare team management, and the oversight and accountability for care delivery in a variety of settings. (PO #2)
CO#2: Implement patient safety and quality improvement initiatives within the context of the interprofessional team through communication and relationship building. (PO #3)
CO#3: Participate in the development and implementation of imaginative and creative strategies to enable systems to change. (PO #7)
CO#6: Develop a personal awareness of complex organizational systems and integrate values and beliefs with organizational mission. (PO #7)
CO#7: Apply leadership concepts in the development and initiation of effective plans for the microsystems and/or system-wide practice improvements that will improve the quality of healthcare delivery. (PO #2, and #3)
CO#8: Apply concepts of quality and safety using structure, process, and outcome measures to identify clinical questions as the beginning process of changing current practice. (PO#8)
This assignment is to be submitted to the Dropbox by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT, end of Week 4.
This assignment is worth 200 points.
1. Read your text, Finkelman (2012), pp- 118- 127.
2. Observe staff in delivery of nursing care provided. Practice settings may vary depending on availability.
3. Identify the model of nursing care that you observed. Be specific about what you observed, who was doing what, when, how and what led you to identify the particular model.
4. Write a 5-7 page paper that includes the following:
5. Review and summarize two scholarly resources (not including your text) related to the nursing care model you observed in the practice setting.
6. Review and summarize two scholarly resources (not including your text) related to a nursing care model that is different from the one you observed in the practice setting.
7. Discuss your observations about how the current nursing care model is being implemented. Be specific.
8. Recommend a different nursing care model that could be implemented to improve quality of nursing care, safety and staff satisfaction. Be specific.
9. Provide a summary/conclusion about this experience/assignment and what you learned about nursing care models.
10. Write your paper using APA format. Submit to the Dropbox.
GRADING CRITERIA: NURSING CARE MODELS PAPER
Category Points % Description
Identify Nursing Care Model in practice including specifics about who, what when, where, etc. 60 30% Identifies Nursing Care Model for delivery of nursing care. Provides specifics.
Besides Finkelman, locate scholarly resources related to Nursing Care Models 40 20% In addition to Finkelman, locates four scholarly resources related to Nursing Care Models. Summarizes all resources in body of paper.
Implementation and Recommendations 60 30% Describe implementation of current Nursing Care Model and recommend a different model that could be utilized to improve quality of nursing care, safety and staff satisfaction.
Models of Nursing Care Name Institution Models of Nursing Care Introduction Nursing care can be achieved through a range of organizational means. The models of care that are used vary widely across health care facilities as well as from one patient to the other. There are three models of nursing are namely team nursing, primary nursing, and progressive patient care. The use of these models depends on the patient being attended to as well as the type of management that the hospital has. Knowing the right nursing care model to use can lead to better patient outcomes and consequently reduced hospital stay. This research paper discusses how the progressive patient care (PPC) can be applied in health care. Discussion Scenario The case scenario that is discussed in this research paper involves the nursing staff at the Boehme Nursing Home. The nurses in this facility who were attending to patients who needed constant care would move patients that were admitted near the nurses’ station in order to create a new r9oom where patients that needed a 24 hour monitoring would be examined by the nurses around the clock. This was done for all the patients irrespective of their gender or type of sickness. This was also important as it helped in ensuring that there was no possibility of the patient’s conditio