Need by Monday, August 1st, by at the latest, 7:00pm. Need seven pages. It is mandatory to have research from the classroom text, (Larson, E., & Gray, C. (2014). Project management: The managerial process with MS project (6th ed.). Boston: McGraw-Hill Irwin.), as well as five sources from the internet or online library. Attached is a word document containing the instructions. Thank you!
The final six to eight page paper must demonstrate understanding of new learning in the field of project management. It is mandatory to have research from the classroom text, (Larson, E., & Gray, C. (2014). Project management: The managerial process with MS project (6th ed.). Boston: McGraw-Hill Irwin.), as well as five sources from the internet or online library to support your views. It is recommended to use examples from your professional experience where possible, or build from your learning in the discussion boards. (Suggestion: use at least one project of which you have been either a team member or a project manager as an example to describe the topics below):
The following topics must be reviewed in order for the paper to be complete:
- Define project management and explain its importance to the business world.
- Explain project life-cycle management and the benefits of project management to an organization.
- Explain the concepts of planning in the project life-cycle and how research and critical thinking is mandatory in planning.
- Explain project organizations and the importance of leadership and sponsorship.
- Explain project team building, including techniques of successful team building.
- Explain how to create a work breakdown structure and how a project manager breaks down the overall project into packages.
- Explain the need for project management software in large integrated programs and the benefits to the overall project management organization.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be six to eight double-spaced pages in length and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.
- Must include a cover page that includes:
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Title of paper
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
- Must use APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide to document all sources.
- Must include, on the final page, a Reference Page that is completed according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.
Project Management Student: Professor: Course title: Date: Introduction A project is a temporal but unique endeavor aimed at achieving certain projected goals. For a project to be successful, the objectives outlined must be achieved in full and within the stipulated timeframe and budget. Organizing and completing a project successfully requires careful planning. Project management, therefore is the process of applying skills, knowledge and methods in order to realize the projected goals or objectives. For a long time, project management had remained informal and was applied by a few organizations. However, in the 21st century, project management has been an integral part of running organizations. As such, it has since been incorporated in organizational structures and is now seen to play a central role towards the achievement of projected goals. In this paper, the role of project management in the business world has been discussed at length. Further, project cycle management has also been discussed and its importance in organizational set up. Thesis Statement Project management plays an integral role in the business world and contributes towards successful achievement of projected goals. Project Management Cycle Initiation Project management takes place in systematic phases. It is a strategic process that must move in a systematic way to ensure that all the projected goals are realized. The first step in the cycle is the initiation proc...