Use the following two articles in the links below:
1. Write a paragraph summarizing the situation.
2. Write a paragraph for each of the concepts below:
- Importance of business ethics
- Primary and secondary shareholders
-Implementing stakeholders perspective
-Foundational values for identifying ethical issues
For each point first describe the concept and then apply it to the specific case. You can use outside sources to back up your point.
3. Write a conclusion: Is the situation ethical? Does it stem from culture within the company? What changes are recommended?
The situation presented here is about Uber and the traditional taxi industry. Uber, which is embracing technology in its operations, has posed a serious competition to the traditional taxi as a result of the use of Uber App which enables the customers to order a taxi from everywhere and pay conveniently. There are worries that Uber is likely to out-do the traditional taxi and that the drivers would lose their jobs. The traditional taxi managers have taken Uber to court challenging the application of technology in the taxi industry. The court, however, ruled in favor of Uber terming it unreasonable to charge Uber for embracing technology to gain a competitive advantage in the market. There is also a claim that some of the Uber`s operations are against the municipal regulations.
Importance of Business Ethics
Business ethics outline what us right and wrong