In a written paper of 1,250-1,500 words, evaluate the current forces driving change in your field or industry (HEALTHCARE/NURSING). As a leader, or considering the role of a leader, assess your organization and evaluate how well it is responding to the forces, and identify where there is a need for change. Develop a vision to inspire this change. Include the following:
(1) Describe your organization, include the organization`s mission, and identify the various stakeholders.
(2) Identify the external and internal forces that drive organizational change in your field or industry. Explain the origin or reason for these internal or external driving forces. Explain how these forces directly affect the viability of your organization.
(3) Choose one of the driving forces. Describe the specific issues this driving force creates, or will potentially create, for your organization or department.
(4) Propose the steps needed for your organization or department to respond to this driving force.
(5) Predict how employees at various levels in the organization will respond to your proposed change initiative.
(6) Develop a vision for change. Describe how this vision correlates with the organization`s mission, and how you will present this vision to internal stakeholders.
(7) Predict how you think your vision will assist internal stakeholders in supporting the change initiative. Identify potential considerations posed by stakeholders, and discuss how you will respond.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Change Initiative: Creating Vision
The fast-paced technological advancements in the healthcare industry have a significant influence on the organization stability and success. Furthermore, since healthcare organizations do not possess any control over the external forces, such as technology they are required to consider organizational change in order to align with the environment (Academic library, 2014).
Description of an organization
Dallas county medical centre based in Fordyce, Arkansas is a comprehensive healthcare system that provides health care services to all citizens of all ages. The organization offer general medical and surgical care for inpatient, outpatient, and participates in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. The medical center has a mission of offering extensive variety of general acute care services to the residents of Dallas County and nearby areas. The services that would be offered will be of the maximum quality and each attempt will be made to offer these services in a reasonable manner. The various stakeholders of the medical centre include patients, staffs, donors, and state government (Dallas County Medical Centre, 2017).
External and internal forces
External forces affect the medical center both directly and indirectly. Moreover, the organization does not possess any ...