This paper concentrates on the primary theme of Topic: Business and Society: Employer of Choice Walmart and Google in which you have to explain and evaluate its intricate aspects in detail. In addition to this, this paper has been reviewed and purchased by most of the students hence; it has been rated 4.8 points on the scale of 5 points. Besides, the price of this paper starts from £ 40. For more details and full access to the paper, please refer to the site.
Topic: Business and Society: Employer of Choice Walmart and Google
Business and Society
Employer of Choice (EOC)
After reading both of the weekly readings Employer of choice: the new corporate imperative and The Employer of Choice, identify two companies to compare and contrast in terms of EOC. The companies should be similar in size based on annual revenue or number employees, but do not have to be competitors or in the same industry. Also, address the questions below in your paper.
* How the companies’ EOC policies and practices create advantages or disadvantages for their sustainability and growth?
* What could the companies learn from each other?
* Which company would you find more attractive as a potential employee? Why?
The requirements below must be met for your paper to be accepted and graded:
* Write between 750 – 1,250 words (approximately 3 – 5 pages) using Microsoft Word in APA style, see example below.
* Use font size 12 and 1” margins.
* Include cover page and reference page.
* At least 80% of your paper must be original content/writing.
* No more than 20% of your content/information may come from references.
* Use at least three references from outside the course material, one reference must be from EBSCOhost. Text book, lectures, and other materials in the course may be used, but are not counted toward the three reference requirement.
* Cite all reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) in the paper and list on a reference page in APA style.
References must come from sources such as, scholarly journals found in EBSCOhost, CNN, onlinenewspapers such as, The Wall Street Journal, government websites, etc. Sources such as, Wikis, Yahoo Answers, eHow, blogs, etc. are not acceptable for academic writing.
A detailed explanation of how to cite a source using APA can be found here (link).
Employer of Choice; Walmart and Google Institution Name Date An employer of choice (EOC) can be defined as a firm with employment policies and human resource management practices that give it a competitive edge over its competitors when it comes to recruiting and retaining talents. Being an employer of choice enable a firm to acquire skilled workers, optimize productivity and increase profitability. Employee exit interviews reveal that compensation plays a significant role in employee satisfaction. It is imperative that employers tie their interests to that of employees by increasing compensation while staking more of it to performance. Two of the world`s leading companies` exhibit different employer of choice practices and policy. While one is believed to be profitable and sustainable, the other is considered to practice policies that violate workers` ri