This paper concentrates on the primary theme of Topic: Birth Plans Outline the Laboring Woman`s Desires Related to Her Labor and Birth in which you have to explain and evaluate its intricate aspects in detail. In addition to this, this paper has been reviewed and purchased by most of the students hence; it has been rated 4.8 points on the scale of 5 points. Besides, the price of this paper starts from £ 40. For more details and full access to the paper, please refer to the site.
Topic: Birth Plans Outline the Laboring Woman`s Desires Related to Her Labor and Birth
Initial Discussion Post:
Birth plans outline the laboring woman’s desires related to her labor and birth.
Read the following article:
• White-Corey, S. (2013). Birth plans: Tickets to the OR? MCN, The American Journal of Maternal/Child Nursing, 38(5), 268-273. Doi: 10.1097/NMC.0b013e31829a399d
After reading the article "Birth Plans: Tickets to the OR?" Discuss the following:
• The results of this research demonstrate an apparent disconnect between the perceptions of the health care team and the patient`s expectations regarding birth plans. Summarize the differences and suggest a rationale for these findings.
• Using the quality improvement competency from the QSEN pre-licensure competencies, how can the perinatal nurse bridge this gap so that patients can safely achieve their labor/ birth expectations? Include a reference from the literature to support the information provided.
In your responses to your peers’ posts provide constructive and insightful comments that go beyond that of agree or disagree.
Base your post on your readings and research of the topic.
Discussion must include:
• Contain a minimum of 250 words. References, citations, and repeating the question do not count towards the 250 word minimum. The initial post is the first post made whether or not it contains any content. A blank initial post will be graded zero points by the instructor.
• Contain at least one (1) current professional nursing reference. o A current professional nursing reference is from current (five  years old or less) professional sources published in the United States. o Sources such as Wikipedia, Medicine Net, nursing blogs etc. are not professional nursing resources and do not count towards the one (1) reference minimum.
• Display use of academic writing. Academic writing is expected to be precise, semi-formal, impersonal, and objective. (Nordquist, 2015, para. 2)
Have all sources cited within discussion post and on reference list formatted correctly using APA guidelines.
BIRTH PLANS AND WOMEN`S EXPECTATIONS By Institution Birth Plans and Women`s expectations Birth plans are patient`s written expectations of the things to do before, during and after labor. As stated by White Corey (2013), women from time immemorial gave birth without intercession, something many physicians hold