Assignment 1: Social Performance of Organizations
Due Week 4 and worth 290 points
According to the textbook, the current world economy is increasingly becoming integrated and interdependent; as a result, the relationship between business and society is becoming more complex. You may submit a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you TYPE THE QUESTION (cut and paste) and THEN YOUR ANSWER FOR EACH SPECIFIC QUESTION. Note: NO ESSAY FORMAT PAPERS WILL BE ACCEPTED!
1. Specify the nature, structure, and types of products or services of Apple, and identify two (2) key factors in the organization’s external environment that can affect its success. Provide explanation to support the rationale.
2. Suggest five (5) ways in which the primary stakeholders can influence the organization’s financial performance. Provide support for the response.
3. Specify one (1) controversial corporate social responsibility concern associated with Apple.
4. Submit a reference page with at least four (4) quality references that you have used for this presentation / paper. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Analyze the relationship between business and society, and the ways in which they are part of an interactive system.
· Recommend ways stakeholders can influence the destiny of both business and society.
· Analyze the various primary and secondary stakeholder groups, their roles, and relationships.
· Compare and contrast the concepts of corporate social responsibility and citizenship.
· Analyze ways ethical challenges affect the multiple functions of business.
· Use technology and information resources to research issues in business and society.
· Write clearly and concisely about business and society using proper writing mechanics.
Social Performance of Organizations Student`s Name: Institutional Affiliation: Date: 1 Specify the nature, structure, and types of products or services of Apple, and identify two (2) key factors in the organization`s external environment that can affect its success. Provide an explanation to support the rationale. Apple Inc. is an American company which is known worldwide for its IT expertise. It offers products with high information technology (Linzmayer, 2006). It is one of the most successful and thriving it brands. It is the leader in the electronic industry and is on top when it comes to design in high information technology. Its relationship with customers is strong; it highly specializes in ensuring that a good rapport is built between them and their customers so as to encourage them to buy their products time and again. Its main products include the operating system X, the iOs operating system, the Apple TV, iPad, iPod and he Mac. Its products have unique features that are preferred by their consumers. (Apple Inc., 2014) It operates under a monopolistic and Oligopoly type of market structure. Apple believes in: imperfect makes an improvement" and because of this its talented e