Assignment 4: Persuasive Paper Part 2: Solution and Advantages
Due Week 7 and worth 200 points
Using feedback from your professor and classmates, revise Part 1 and develop the solution and identify the advantages of the solution. Note: The disadvantages or challenges with your answers will be in Part 3.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
Provide Part I: Revision of A Problem Exists (3-4 pages)
1. Revise, using feedback from the professor and classmates, your Persuasive Paper Part I: A Problem Exists.
Develop Part 2: Solution to Problem and Advantages (3-4 pages for 6-8 pages total)
2. Include a defensible, relevant thesis statement clearly in the first paragraph. (The thesis statement may need to be modified to reflect added information and purpose of this part.)
3. Explain a detailed, viable solution that supports your thesis. This should be one or two (1-2) paragraphs.
4. State, explain, and support the first advantage (economic, social, political, environmental, social, equitable, ethical/moral, etc.) to your solution. This should be one or two (1-2) paragraphs.
5. State, explain, and support the second advantage (economic, social, political, environmental, social, equitable, ethical/moral, etc.) to your solution. This should be one or two (1-2) paragraphs.
6. State, explain, and support the third (and fourth if desired) advantage (economic, social, political, environmental, social, equitable, ethical/moral, etc.) to your solution. This should be one or two (1-2) paragraphs.
7. Use effective transitional words, phrases, and sentences.
8. Provide a concluding paragraph / transitional paragraph that summarizes the proposed solution and its advantages.
9. Develop a coherently structured paper with an introduction, body, and conclusion.
10. Use one (1) or more rhetorical strategies (ethos, logos, pathos) to explain advantages.
11. Support advantage claims with at least three (3) additional quality relevant references. Use at least six (6) total for Parts 1 and 2. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources
Research and writing: social issues Name: Institution: Course: Date: Introduction The deadly shooting incidents in the US have grabbed attention domestically and internationally, but people across the political divide have divergent propositions on how to solve the social issue. On one hand, is the case for improving background checks and limiting access to assault rifles, and on the other is training increasing the number of responsible gun owners (Metzl & MacLeish, 2015). There is also concern that people with metal issues are overly represented in cases of mass shootings, while policy makers are not in agreement on the best policies to address mass shootings. This paper highlights the case for addressing the motivation of mass shooting s to address the social issue. Identifying at high risk individuals The mass media has increasingly highlighted the cases of mass shootings that have occurred in the US an