This paper concentrates on the primary theme of Three Case Scenarios for Critical Thinking in which you have to explain and evaluate its intricate aspects in detail. In addition to this, this paper has been reviewed and purchased by most of the students hence; it has been rated 4.8 points on the scale of 5 points. Besides, the price of this paper starts from £ 79. For more details and full access to the paper, please refer to the site.
Three Case Scenarios for Critical Thinking
Title: Excellence in Business
Authors: Bovee, Thill, Mescon
Publisher: Prentice Hall
In your text, review the readings and answer all of the associated questions for the following Cases for Critical Thinking:
AOL and Time Warner: Fragile Promises (Pages 161-162). Questions:
1. Why did the media refer to the merger as the deal of the century?
2. Why was Time Warner eager to merge with AOL?
3. What challenges did AOL and Time Warner face as a merged company?
4. Visit the Time Warner Website (http://www.timewarner.com). Review the site to get the latest news about the fate of the merger. How is the company doing financially? How much turnover has occurred among high-level executives? If any parts of the business have been sold off, what has the acquiring company said about future prospects?
The Ax Falls on Sunbeam`s Chainsaw Al. (Pages 187-188). Questions:
1. Why were Dunlap`s goals unrealistic for Sunbeam?
2. Was Dunlap`s slice-and-dice plan a long-term or short-term strategy. Please explain.
3. Why did Dunlap`s turnaround strategy backfire?
Harley-Davidson-From Dysfunctional to Cross-Functional(Pages 212-213). Questions:
1. During Teerlink`s tenure as Harley`s Chief Financial Officer, was the organization structure flat or tall? Centralized or decentralized? Explain your answers.
2. As Chief Executive Officer, how did Teerlink change the organizational structure?
3. Why does Harley-Davidson include outside suppliers on its cross-functional teams?