This paper concentrates on the primary theme of THE TWO MAJOR POLITICAL PARTIES IN THE U.S. TODAY, THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY AND THE REPUBLICAN PARTY,… in which you have to explain and evaluate its intricate aspects in detail. In addition to this, this paper has been reviewed and purchased by most of the students hence; it has been rated 4.8 points on the scale of 5 points. Besides, the price of this paper starts from £ 40. For more details and full access to the paper, please refer to the site.
The two major political parties in the U.S. today, the Democratic Party and the Republican Party, did not exist at the time the Constitution was drafted and ratified. Various issues led to the development of these political parties, some of which are pertinent to politics, even today.
In this assignment, you will examine the development of the two-party system. You will have the opportunity to analyze the American need and desire to have opposing views.
Based on your research and analysis of the readings for this module, respond to the following:
- What issues led to the rise of the Jefferson-Republican party in the 1790s?
- What mistakes were made by the Federalists that allowed the Republican Party to succeed?
- What issues that were controversial in the 1790s remain controversial today?
- Do you think partisan politics is a good method for solving the nation’s problems and advancing the nation’s interests? In the present two-party system, what impact do minor parties have on specific issues in recent elections?
- How have the Democratic and Republican Parties implemented these issues into their party platform?
Provide appropriate justification for your answers. Be sure to support your positions with references to scholarly sources.
Write your initial response in a minimum of 300 words. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
By Saturday, April 2, 2016, post your response to the appropriate Discussion Area. Through Wednesday, April 6, 2016, review and comment on at least two peers’ responses. Consider commenting on the following while reviewing the posts of your fellow classmates:
- An idea that you had not previously considered
- A statement with which you disagree. Cite a primary source document to support your position.