This paper concentrates on the primary theme of review the Moving Weight Trucking Case Study, which focuses on talent management components, critically assessing human capital developmental opportunities based on topics covered in the course in which you have to explain and evaluate its intricate aspects in detail. In addition to this, this paper has been reviewed and purchased by most of the students hence; it has been rated 4.8 points on the scale of 5 points. Besides, the price of this paper starts from £ 40. For more details and full access to the paper, please refer to the site.
Acting as a consultant, review the Moving Weight Trucking Case Study, which focuses on talent management components, critically assessing human capital developmental opportunities based on topics covered in the course.
After reading the scenario, use the scenario to complete the following:
Develop an action plan that contains the following:
- Develop a 1-2 page summary of talent management opportunities presented in the scenario focusing on the topics covered in the course.
- Create a performance appraisal tool based on the four (4) tools introduced in this course.
- Create An action plan for low performing employees utilizing a 6-step model
- Develop an outline of how the action plan will be used to evaluate performance.
- Prepare a 10 slide Power Point presentation with graphics that summarizes your action plan.
Talent Management Programs
While talent management programs are an exceptional way to evaluate employees, there are several challenges to these programs that organizations must be aware of and proactively consider in relation to the programs development, design, implementation and evaluation. Trends in Talent Management (TM) can serve as a preview to the challenges a TM program may face.
There are several immerging trends in TM including:
- Effectively and consistently linking people outcomes to organizational outcomes
- Aligning Talent Acquisition with Organizational Strategy
- Retention of top talent
- Continuously identifying methods to improve Talent Management Programs
- Increase in global interactions requiring the introduction of new and innovative Talent Management programs to address remote interfacing and variance in culture
- Focus on leadership development and strategic succession planning
For additional information on Talent Management trends, read the following article “10 Predictions for 2012: The Top Trends in Talent Management and Recruiting”
Systemic approach to talent management
A systemic approach is an approach where all relevant parts are considered in a decision, change initiative, etc. System thinking postures that the sum is greater than its parts-leading to a holistic perspective. For example, systems thinking ideology requires an organization to consider how, what Accounting does impacts Operations and how what Operations does impacts Marketing.
A systemic approach is one where all parts are considered in relation to the whole organization. Systemic approaches are absolutely relevant to Talent Management and directly correlate to organizational performance as well as employee performance. Considering Talent Management at its core is a programmatic initiative that addresses all employment activities in an employee’s lifecycle focusing on employee evaluation and employee development, how employees perform have a direct impact on how the organization performs. Because an organization is one of the best examples of a system, what employees are hired, how they are evaluated and developed, and who is off-boarded matters greatly in terms of how well an organization performs. It is the ideas generated by, performance of employees that serve as a driver for an organization’s prosperity, success, expansion, etc.
Effectiveness of a comprehensive plan to address talent management
A plan inclusive of both the comprehensive talent management program inclusive of an organizations’ strategic plan, TM program objectives, and a clear method to evaluate TM programs as well as relevant tools such as job descriptions, performance evaluation forms, and performance improvement plans will ensure an organization is well equip to hire, evaluate, develop and retain top talent.