Privacy Rights & Freedom of the Press
Please help me so that I can write an essay on the balance of privacy rights and press freedoms. Consider these questions when developing the essay.
1. What are common privacy rights held by U.S. citizens?
2. In what ways do citizens want the press to respect their privacy?
3. When do the reporting interests of the media conflict with citizen privacy rights?
4. What is the Freedom of Information Act? Whom does it benefit and why?
5. By which limitations must the press refrain from reporting information?
6. How does a free press help to ensure an honest government?
7. How do cameras in the courts arouse controversy about the right of privacy? What about the constitutionality of cameras in the courtroom?