This paper concentrates on the primary theme of Nursing Leadership Health Policy: Policy to remove scope-of-practice barriers to Nurse Practitioners in which you have to explain and evaluate its intricate aspects in detail. In addition to this, this paper has been reviewed and purchased by most of the students hence; it has been rated 4.8 points on the scale of 5 points. Besides, the price of this paper starts from £ 40. For more details and full access to the paper, please refer to the site.
Nursing Leadership Health Policy: Policy to remove scope-of-practice barriers to Nurse Practitioners
In 750-1,000 words, propose a health policy change (that is currently a bill, a law, or may not exist at all) at the state or federal level that you believe needs to change and why.
1. The policy must not be a clinical care policy for individual care. The policy involved may include public or community health, legislative or regulatory, professional organization (nursing-oriented), advanced nursing practice, health plan, or hospital plan.
2. Include a specific section for the exact wording for the bill or change in wording of the law.
3. Include the plan for the implementation of your policy development, to lobbying for passage, to next steps after passage.
4. Discuss who would be the champion for the bill/law change from your state advocates (legislators, federal legislators, local or national state nursing organizations). Are these individuals also influential in making changes occur? Did you vote for the individual in office that you want to help you make this change?
1. Review different pieces of legislation for ideas on wording.
2. Visit your Texas state’s legislative governmental affairs website site to understand the process your policy change could take if you wanted to introduce to into legislation.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide.
Nursing Leadership Health Policy: Policy to remove scope-of-practice barriers to Nurse Practitioners Student: Professor: Course title: Date: Nursing Leadership Health Policy: Policy to remove scope-of-practice barriers to Nurse Practitioners (NP) It is very important for nurses to be engaged in political involvement. Nursing practice is legislated on every level and requires nurses’ input and attention. In this paper, a health policy change is proposed at the federal level. The plan for the execution of the policy development is included and how lobbying would be done is described. Lastly, the paper discusses who the champion for proposed bill would be from my state advocates. Remove scope-of-practice barriers to nurse practitioners Scope-of-practice laws in states across America determine the scope of services that Nurse Practitioners may offer and the degree to which Nurse Practitioners may practice independently. Such regulations differ by state and they govern the role of Nurse Practitioners by spelling out the level of needed physician oversight (Igleha