To complete this assignment, refer to the scenario from Assignment 1: Investment Selection this is the scenario from assignment 1 (The highly marketable securities that I would be interested in researching is Fidelity investment mutual funds. Not all investments perform well at the same time. Holding a variety of investments may help offset the impact of poor performers, while taking advantage of the earning potential of the rest. Mutual funds are a theoretical, cost-efficient way to build a diversified portfolio of stocks, bonds, or short-term investments. Mutual funds are easy to buy and sell consequently, they meet a wide range of financial goals. Fidelity offers the tools and professional to guide an investor to build the investment strategy that matches their lifestyle and comfort level. The marketable securities at Fidelity Investments has grown over the past five years except in 2013 with a decline according to their financial statement and the S&P 500).
Note: Please include any financial statements or relevant financial information in an appendix.
Write a five (5) page paper in which you:
1. Provide a detailed overview of the selected U.S. investment indicating the rationale for your selection.
2. Select five (5) financial ratios, then analyze the past three (3) years of financial data for the investment (please obtain data from the financial statements or the equivalent).
3. Analyze the price of the investment to its market index for the past five (5) years.
4. Create a trend line that depicts the price movement for the investment against the market index movement using elements of Microsoft Office, such as Excel, Visio, MS Project, or one of their equivalents such as Open Project, Dia, and OpenOffice, as appropriate. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
5. Determine the type of person who would be the best candidate for the chosen investment (e.g., the risk adverse investor, an aggressive investor, etc.). Provide a rationale for why this investment is a solid one, and support the assertion that someone should invest in this stock.
6.Include a two paragraph abstract, introduction with a strong thesis statement and a conclusion.
Mutual Funds Student name Institution According to Northcott (2009), Mutual funds are means of investing in something alongside other people as a group. Fidelity investment mutual funds, therefore, means investing in projects or investments that have a guarantee of returns. An example of such investment is investing in government bonds or stocks. The advantage of investing as a group rather than an individual is that there is a professional manager whose job is to look after the invested funds and make sure that all necessary adjustment are according to their experience and market changes The main advantage of investing of mutual funds is that they aggregate larger investments more than an individual can invest alone. This may open up possibilities for investment by a manager who can yield higher returns. It is important to note that the larger the portfolio means that the manager can diversify the holdings more than one can do as an individual and therefore the diversification spreads the risks. There are a wide range of potential purchases for a manager, and therefore, it is not as simple as just buying of some stocks or bonds. There are many variations available for the manager to selection from and the choice of the fund and management will be according to both the risk level acceptable and the optimized returns. Therefore, you can invest in money markets funds, income funds, value funds, index funds, sector funds, international funds an...