Coursework 2 (Assessment weighting 70%)
Each student must submit a 2,000 word written assignment that serves as a rationale for the project created in the formative assignment.
“How will the health and well-being of a community improve with the creation of a community project?”
Each student will write an individual assignment that will give the rationale for the project created in the formative assignment.
1. You will need a clear introduction to outline your project and to set the scene for your essay. You will need to address key terms such as community, health and well-being.
2. All the main points need to be brought together in a conclusion. No new information should be included in the conclusion.
3. As you are giving a rationale, you need to discuss:
a. Why the project is needed (Assessment of need)
b. What planning went into the project? What are the aims and objectives? What are the outcomes and outputs?
c. Who was involved? Were members of the community involved in the planning?
d. How was it implemented?
e. A clear method of how the project could be evaluated. Have the aims and objectives been achieved? Use of questionnaire, interviews, focus group, observation etc.
4. You also need to think about steps that need to be taken even before the project is assessed. Do you think that building relationships with the community could help? If so, why would this be important?
5. Academic work is not descriptive. It has an element of critical analysis. It is important that you do not just give a descriptive list of what was done and when. The rationale and process needs to be underpinned by theories, concepts and other research relating to the issues. In other words, whatever you have planned or assessed for the project, a theorist will have a reason why that aspect is necessary or someone somewhere has created a community project similar or not to your project and you can discuss the similarities or differences.
6. All work must be referenced using the Harvard system and all references must be included in the reference section at the end of your work.
How will the health and well-being of a community improve with the creation of a community project?” Name Course Instructor Date Introduction Healthy eating is crucial to maintaining health and their well-being. In the case of children and the young, healthy eating influences their growth, development and future to ensure that the children and young people eat healthy foods and diets, it is necessary to sensitize them of their eating behaviours and patterns (Mikkelsen, et al., 2014, p. 16). The more they are informed they more it is likely that they will live healthy lifestyles even as they get older. The primary caregivers of children and young people also influence the eating their eating habits, while schools and policy makers also influence eating habits. This project is a key to support Every Child Matters and the outcome of Be Healthy for children and young people. Rationale There is growing concern that efforts towards improving eating healthy foods of children and adolescents have not had the desired results. There is a need to identify the benefits of community-based food programs. There are children and young people who do not have access to affordable and accessible healthy food options. This is especially among the low-income groups, where the choice of food available is neither nutritious nor healthy. At other times, there are, ‘food desert’ areas that lack nutritionally adequate diets and this affects the healthy well-being of the resi...