This paper concentrates on the primary theme of How might you use these findings to persuade your executive leaders to adopt EHRs and avoid substantial financial penalties? in which you have to explain and evaluate its intricate aspects in detail. In addition to this, this paper has been reviewed and purchased by most of the students hence; it has been rated 4.8 points on the scale of 5 points. Besides, the price of this paper starts from £ 45. For more details and full access to the paper, please refer to the site.
Electronic Health Records 6202 2-2
Ginn, G. O., Shen, J. J., & Moseley, C. B. (2011). Hospital financial position and
the adoption of electronic health records. Journal of Health Care
Management, 56(5), 337–350.
In the United States, adoption of electronic health records (EHRs) is one of the most prolific discussions at the healthcare level. Hospitals and organizations that seek to financially invest in and adopt EHRs can lower medical cost, reduce medical errors, and increase efficiency of healthcare services rendered by healthcare practitioners. In this study, the authors examine the role of the financial position of hospitals in the adoption of EHRs in order to obtain further information regarding barriers to adoption. Review the questions to ask when critiquing a research study. Answer the following questions:
- What were the major reasons the researchers chose this method to study this case rather than another study design? What is the significance of using the aggregated data from the three major organizations (i.e., American Heart Association, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, and American Heart Association Annual Survey)?
- How might you use these findings to persuade your executive leaders to adopt EHRs and avoid substantial financial penalties?
- What conclusions did the researchers reach with regard to the utility of EHRs?
- As a proponent for the adoption of EHRs, what steps might you take to propose to executive leaders of your organization to adopt EHRs? What factors would you take into consideration as you draft your proposal?
- After reviewing this article, how, as a leader, would you make a decision to budget for EHRs?
- Complete a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) analysis for your proposal.
- Explore exhibits 1–3 and summarize this information for your executive leaders to include the findings in your research.
Present all your work in a 3-page Microsoft Word document. Be sure to use APA format.
Please use sources less than five years old