Write a 3- to 5-page paper which includes the following:
• Create a simple flowchart of the activity you selected. (Review the Sample Workflow of Answering a Telephone in an Office document found in this week’s Learning Resources for an example.) My topic is inpatient medication administration and I am attaching sample paper
• Next, in your paper:
o Explain the process you have diagrammed.
o For each step or decision point in the process, identify the following:
- Who does this step? (It can be several people.)
- What technology is used?
- What policies and rules are involved in determining how, when, why, or where the step is executed?
- What information is needed for the execution of this step?
o Describe the metric that is currently used to measure the soundness of the workflow. Is it effective?
o Describe any areas where improvements could occur and propose changes that could bring about these improvements in the workflow.
o Summarize why it is important to be aware of the flow of an activity.
• Remember to include a cover page, introduction, and summary for your paper
Flowchart for Inpatient Medication Administration Name: Institutional Affiliation: Flowchart for Inpatient Medication Administration Introduction The medication administration process has a direct impact on the patient’s health and well-being. The evaluation of the medication administration workflow is crucial to ensure that the right procedure is utilized to offer quality care. The proper design of the process makes sure that there is provision of safe, efficient, prompt, and patient-centered care. Also, there is the elimination of cases of medication administration errors in hospitals through the appropriate workflow design. The application of technological elements in the process with proper integration serves to enhance the efficiency (Duffy, 2011). The prepared flowchart depicts the steps in medication administration with the technology used and the people that perform the different duties. The comprehension of these aspects helps in identifying areas that require improvement to enhance the administrative and clinical performance. The text presents a discussion of the procedures and those that undertake them, the technology utilized, rules and policies, workflow metric, and areas of improvement. Process Explanation and Technologies Used The medication administration process encompasses the interactions between personnel, technology, environment, and tasks. The flo