This paper concentrates on the primary theme of Ethics Case in which you have to explain and evaluate its intricate aspects in detail. In addition to this, this paper has been reviewed and purchased by most of the students hence; it has been rated 4.8 points on the scale of 5 points. Besides, the price of this paper starts from £ 40. For more details and full access to the paper, please refer to the site.
Special tax exemption for non-profits is aimed at promoting the idea of a public trust, since the public entrusts board members with the responsibility to run the organization for the benefit of the community. In recent times and especially in the face of catastrophic financial meltdowns, accounting regulations have increased and standards have been raised, this has called for a demonstration by organizations of honest, prudent and effective achievement of mission, goals and objectives.
- Ethical Conflict: John Parker, as a volunteer with A Helping Hand for several years, is benefitting financially from his connections to the not-for-profit organization.
- Stakeholders: The community, donors, the board members of A Helping Hand, the US government via IRS, his employer Old Town Plastics
- IMA Statement: The following standards of the IMA statement of Ethical Professional Practice apply to John’s case: competence, integrity and credibility.
- Compliance to competence is a key standard to be adhered to in that, professional expertise, must be applied to the work to be completed within provided technical guidelines, regulations and laws. As a professional, John is required to provide his clients with necessary information that may hinder his apt delivery of outputs and give appropriate advice and guidance to ensure the organization’s performance is up to standards.
- Integrity must be upheld in order to promote transparency among all parties involved and to ensure that any conflict of interest is eliminated so as not to discredit or introduce prejudice on the accomplishments of the organization.
- Credibility must be maintained to ensure that any information released by the organization is accurate, reliable and a representation of a genuine process that prioritized due diligence.
Courses of Action: In keeping with the merits of honesty and full disclosure, it is John’s responsibility to inform his employer; Old Town Plastics, of the offer made to him by the CEO of A Helping Hand and ensure that his involvement with the not-for-profit organization in no way interferes or conflicts with