This paper concentrates on the primary theme of EMT in which you have to explain and evaluate its intricate aspects in detail. In addition to this, this paper has been reviewed and purchased by most of the students hence; it has been rated 4.8 points on the scale of 5 points. Besides, the price of this paper starts from £ 40. For more details and full access to the paper, please refer to the site.
Scenario (based on a real case from Wisconsin):
An EMT was employed by a local volunteer fire department and provided emergency treatment to a female patient for an apparent drug overdose. The unresponsive patient was transported to a nearby hospital. Upon returning home, the EMT called a friend, telling her that earlier that evening, she assisted in taking a specific patient to the hospital emergency room for an overdose in a possible attempted suicide. Interestingly, even though the EMT had never met the patient before, the EMT had heard about the patient and her medical problems at a social event—as the woman who spoke about the patient at the social event was a friend of the patient, and was the same person the EMT telephoned after the patient’s apparent overdose. The patient sued the EMT and her insurance company.
- What are any potential bases for the suit (intentional or unintentional)?
- Did the EMT violate the patient’s privacy or breach any patient confidentiality?
- Does it matter that the person the EMT revealed the information to had a personal relationship with the patient—why or why not?
- Does the EMT have any defenses to try and escape personal liability?
- Please answer the questions based on the scenario, any reference use need to be listed APA style any citation need to be listed properly APA style, this assignment is based on the scenario and it should be 10-15 sentenced.