This paper concentrates on the primary theme of Empowerment series: Understanding human behavior and the social environment: in which you have to explain and evaluate its intricate aspects in detail. In addition to this, this paper has been reviewed and purchased by most of the students hence; it has been rated 4.8 points on the scale of 5 points. Besides, the price of this paper starts from £ 40. For more details and full access to the paper, please refer to the site.
Question: Empowerment series: Understanding human behavior and the social environment:
- Read from the text, Empowerment series: Understanding human behavior and the social environment:
- Chapter 8: Social Development in Adolescence
- This chapter explores social development in adolescence and evaluates leadership theories.
- Brown, B. B. (2013). Adolescents, Organized Activities, and Peers: Knowledge Gained and Knowledge Needed. New Directions for Child & Adolescent Development, 2013(140), 77-96. doi:10.1002/cad.20038
- Jurkiewicz, C. L. (2006). Soul food. Public Integrity, 8(3), 245-256. Retrieved from the EBSCOhost database.
- Middlehurst, R. (2008). Not enough science or not enough learning? Exploring the gaps between leadership theory and practice. Higher Education Quarterly, 62(4), 322-339. Retrieved from the EBSCOhost database.
- Kendall, N. (Writer) & X, J. (Director) (2009). Dr. Walter Earl Fluker- Full Interview. [Television series episode]. In K. Logan (Producer). The Travis Smiley Show. Retrieved from http://www.blacktv247.com/videowatch.asp?VideoID=1140
- This video discusses ethical leadership. For a full transcript of the interview, please click here.
To participate in the following discussions, go to this week’s Discussion link in the left navigation.
- Leadership Theories
Briefly compare and contrast the leadership theories presented in Chapter 8 of your textbook. Select a historical figure (living or dead) who has been a leader. Use one of the theories to explain the successes and failures of the leader you selected. What type of leader does your historical figure exemplify?Guided Response: Review several of your classmates’ posts. Provide a substantive response to at least two of your peers. How is the leader they selected similar to or different from the historical figure you chose? What theory or theories would best account for the actions of the historical figures your peers selected?
- Problems of Adolescence Describe a major problem often experienced by adolescents (e.g., anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, or delinquency). What are its likely causes? How is the problem typically treated? Identify alternative treatments that could be more effective. Rely on research evidence to support your views.Guided Response: Review several of your classmates’ posts. Provide a substantive response to at least two of your peers. How is the problem you identified different from the problems your peers selected? Do you agree with your peers’ treatment solutions for the problems they selected? Why or why not?