This paper concentrates on the primary theme of EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT TECHNOLO in which you have to explain and evaluate its intricate aspects in detail. In addition to this, this paper has been reviewed and purchased by most of the students hence; it has been rated 4.8 points on the scale of 5 points. Besides, the price of this paper starts from £ 40. For more details and full access to the paper, please refer to the site.
Emergency Management Technolo Click on the following links for the Phase 4 Reading Assignment:
- NIMS Supporting Technology Evaluation Program
For this assignment, you will research and examine an actual emergency situation of your choosing (either a man-made or natural disaster) occurring within the last 8 years that required interaction among the local, state, and national levels. The research and examination should be reported in a paper written from the position of a local emergency management employee assigned to draft a report to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). This assignment will require research into the authority, responsibility, and technological capabilities of FEMA.
Within the past 8 years, there have been many catastrophes, not necessarily involving terrorist acts but requiring crisis management resources. Examples include Hurricane Katrina; the 2010 oil well explosion and oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico; the broken natural gas pipeline and resulting explosion in San Bruno, California; and major wildfires in California, Colorado, and other states, to name a few.
- Address the following in a report of 750 words:
- Briefly describe and summarize the event.
- When did the event occur, and what happened?
- Were there any casualties or injuries?
- Was there any environmental damage? If so, explain
- What was the primary cause of the event? Explain.
- What intergovernmental jurisdictions were involved? How were they coordinated? Explain.
- What types of technology were used during the response and recovery phases? Summarize them.
- What tools, equipment, or technology could have significantly improved relief efforts? How?
- Were any special technologies or scientific developments used to restore the situation back to normal? If so, explain.
- Who should be responsible for funding and providing the tools, equipment, and technology—federal, state, or local governments? Why?
- Were there any coordination problems, such as interagency communication or conflict? Why or why not?
- What types of forecasting technologies could have been or were used in the event you selected? Explain.
- Were they effective? Why or why not?
- What conclusions and recommendations could you make? Explain.
- Compile your responses in the final report, and submit the file to your instructor.
- Be sure to reference all sources using APA style.