Effective Global Marketing and Product Concepts
- How is marketing management both an art and a science? What global marketing challenges and opportunities do businessesface today?
- Why are the production concept, product concept, and selling concept of limited use for conducting global business operations today?
- What are the key components of an effective marketing plan? Why is the marketing plan one of the most important elements of the global marketing process? Refer to the Product Planning: The Nature and Contents of a Marketing Plan section on pp. 60-61(Ch. 2) of Marketing Management.
- Why are global marketing information systems necessary? How are both internal records and marketing intelligence systems of value?
- Assume you are launching a product for a foreign market. List some government information resources you might be able to use for this product launch. What constraints or obstacles might you encounter obtaining and using this information?
- What are some global marketing trends or megatrends you have personally recognized in the macroenvironment? Which of these trends or megatrends should global marketers target and why?