Develop an essay discussing the fiscal and the monetary policies adopted and implemented by the federal during the Great Recession and their impacts on the U.S. economy. Complete this essay in a Microsoft Word document, and in APA format. Note your submission will automatically be submitted through "TurnItIn" for plagiarism review. Please note that a minimum of 700 words for your essay is required.
Your paper should be structured as follows
1. Cover page with a running head
2. Introduction: What is the economic meaning of a recession?
· A brief discussion of fiscal policies
· A brief discussion of monetary policies
3. Conclusions: Discuss the extent to which the use of demand side policies (fiscal policy and monetary policy) during the Great Recession of 2008 has been successful in restoring economic growth and reducing unemployment
Demand-side Policies and the Great Recession of 2008 Institution Date Introduction Recession is the period in the economic cycle when the general economy experiences a decline usually characterized by plummeted stock prices, decline in housing market and an increase in employment. According to national bureau of economic research, (NBER) recession is a two or more time of negative total national output (GDP) development (. At the point when a development crests and GDP achieves its most extreme before it begins to decay. The crest of advancement is the start of the subsidence. In like manner, the trough of retreat is the period when GDP fall (Seefeldt, 2013) to its most minimal before it starts to rise once more. In 2008, the global financial crisis led to a recession in the United States. The recession brought about real loss of yield in GDP and expans