Unit number and title
HND Computing and Systems Development
Unit 39: Computer Games Design
2D game –“ Bounce a Ball"
Purpose of this assignment
To provide learners with an understanding of computer games development as an underpinning technological concept in the fields of computer gaming and systems development.
The aim of this project is to design, develop and evaluate a 2D game using Unity Software 126.96.36.199 for PC. You need to design a game “Bounce a Ball” and fully develop the game. This game is entertainment game and helps to improve concentration skills.
Your game should meet the following requirements:
- Only one player can play the game.
- You should choose a design and develop the game that fully reflects the type of game
Following are the things that you need to consider when designing and developing:
- Background: Use the suitable background. Develop your own using Photoshop skills & imagination or get it from internet but make sure the image should be copyright free.
- Sprites: Develop you own using Photoshop skills & imagination or get it from internet but make sure the image should be copyright free.
- Level:Minimum one level of game is required.
LO 1 Understand computer games development
1.1 Critically compare different types of computer games and platforms
1.2 Evaluate the characteristics of user interaction
1.3 Evaluate the impact of computer-based gaming
LO 2 Be able to design computer games
2.1 Design a computer game for a given requirement
2.2 Identify the components and data and file structures required to develop a computer game
2.3 Evaluate alternative designs and solutions to meet a given requirement
LO 3 Be able to develop computer games
3.1 Implement a computer game to a given design using a suitable programming environment
3.2 Implement components to meet design requirements
3.3 Implement a game user interface to meet design requirements
LO 4 Be able to test and document computer games
4.1 Critically review and test a computer game
4.2 Analyse actual test results against expected results to identify discrepancies
4.3 Critically evaluate independent feedback on a developed computer game and make recommendations for improvements
4.4 Create documentation for the installation, set-up and support for a developed computer game.