This paper concentrates on the primary theme of create two classes for you to use in your application – DVD and DVDCollection. in which you have to explain and evaluate its intricate aspects in detail. In addition to this, this paper has been reviewed and purchased by most of the students hence; it has been rated 4.8 points on the scale of 5 points. Besides, the price of this paper starts from £ 70. For more details and full access to the paper, please refer to the site.
This assignment is a work simulation task. You work for an IT company that has been engaged by a client to write an application to allow them to catalogue their DVD collection. Your boss has met with the client to determine requirements and she has done analysis on the project and come up with a design for the solution.
Your boss has got a junior programmer to create two classes for you to use in your application – DVD and DVDCollection. Your task is to write the GUI application using those classes, the code for which is provided below.
The requirements for your application are to:
1. have a heading on the screen saying "xxx DVD Collection" replacing xxx with your name
2. have your name as author in a comment at the top of each class
3. read in & save the DVD collection data to a file using Serialization.
4. display a list of all DVDs in the DVD collection on the main screen
5. display the details of the currently selected DVD in a display only text box
6. display in a non-editable check box whether the selected DVD is a favourite or not
7. allow the user to add/edit or delete DVDs
8. allow the sorting of the DVDs in the list into either id or title order
9. have a menu option under "Help" called "About" which displays a showMessage dialog saying that you are the application author.
10. Have a menu option under File called “Count Favourites” that displays in a JOptionPane.showMessage dialog a count of the number of DVDs that have been marked as favourites.
11. Design and document some testing that you do on your application