This paper concentrates on the primary theme of CONCERNS FOR CORRECTIONS STAFF AND INMATES in which you have to explain and evaluate its intricate aspects in detail. In addition to this, this paper has been reviewed and purchased by most of the students hence; it has been rated 4.8 points on the scale of 5 points. Besides, the price of this paper starts from £ 40. For more details and full access to the paper, please refer to the site.
Assignment 3: Concerns for Corrections Staff and Inmates
Due Week 7 and worth 150 points
Use your state’s Department of Corrections Website, as well as the Strayer Library, to research the roles of correctional staff within the correctional organization.
Write a three (3) page paper in which you:
- Distinguish between administrative staff, program staff, and custodial staff; and discuss the importance of each.
- Rank the four (4) types of power available to correctional staff in order of importance (one  being the most important, four  being the least important). Provide a rationale for your ranking.
- Prioritize the following corrections staff concerns, with one (1) being the most important and four (4), the least important: funding, radical inmates, multi-generations, and mental health issues in order of importance. Speculate on the major impact, whether negative or positive, that each concern will have on corrections staff overall. Justify your response.
- It is widely known that corrections personnel often experience “compassion fatigue” or the reduced capacity to be empathetic of an offender’s circumstance. Speculate on both the reason for such indifference and the long term consequence of such behavior. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.