This paper concentrates on the primary theme of Brian L. Roberts, Comcast: A Leadership Profile in which you have to explain and evaluate its intricate aspects in detail. In addition to this, this paper has been reviewed and purchased by most of the students hence; it has been rated 4.8 points on the scale of 5 points. Besides, the price of this paper starts from £ 79. For more details and full access to the paper, please refer to the site.
Brian L. Roberts, Comcast: A Leadership Profile
Leadership Profile Assignment
1. Are leaders born or made? Research generally indicates that the answer is "yes." Both individual characteristics and career experiences play a role in leadership development and success.
2. This assignment requires you to synthesize and apply concepts from Part One of your Leadership text: Individuals as Leaders.
3. You should select a contemporary leader of a public corporation, non-profit, or government entity. This individual should have held a senior leadership position (e.g., CEO, COO, Executive VP) within the last 10 years.
My Choice Brian L. Roberts
1. You should answer the following question: "What major individual factors help explain this person`s leadership success (or failure)"? Specifically, you will want to assess the interaction of personality traits with the leadership behavior and motivation, influencing, and leadership styles used by this leader.
2. Begin with a background on your selected leader.
3. Next, construct a personality profile of your leader based on each of the Big Five dimensions. The Big five factors are openness, conscientiousness, extraversion, agreeableness, and neuroticism. Provide specific examples or critical incidents from your leader`s life to support your conclusions.
5. Next, relate the leader`s personality traits and leadership style to how he or she influences others using power, politics, networking, or negotiation - supporting your analysis with critical incidents or stories from your research.
6. Finally, discuss the leader`s style in terms of one of the contingency leadership theories from Chapter 5.
7. Conclude by answering the question: "Why is this person successful"?