This paper concentrates on the primary theme of Analyse the key issues and application of databases within organisational environments in which you have to explain and evaluate its intricate aspects in detail. In addition to this, this paper has been reviewed and purchased by most of the students hence; it has been rated 4.8 points on the scale of 5 points. Besides, the price of this paper starts from £ 40. For more details and full access to the paper, please refer to the site.
Purpose of this assignment
The toy planet database design concepts considers the skills required to perform effectively as a Database design and development employee. To give learners opportunities to develop an understanding of the concepts and issues relating to databases and database design as well as the practical skills to translate that understanding into the database design and creation of complex databases.
An online toy store ToyPlanet needs to have a database designed for it to be able to cater to its customers. It has approached DataSol Ltd to develop a database for the same. DataSol did a requirements gathering phase and identified the following key requirements:
- The system should be able to register and save details of all customers like customer name and address. Each customer is identified by a unique customer number.
- Details of each toy/product will be stored in the system with unique product number, product description and unit price in GBP.
- The system should be able to take orders from the customers where each order can be tracked with unique order number. Using that unique order number the authorised person can fetch other details of a particular order stored in the Order table like order date, order total(total amount paid in that particular order) and the customer placed that order.
- Single or multiple toys can be ordered in a single order as a single or multiple order lines. Each order line can be identified using the corresponding order number and corresponding product number of the product ordered in that line The other details need to be stored in a particular order line are, order quantity and line total ( order qty/number of a particular product/toy * unit price of the product/toy ordered in that line) .
- A customer can order multiple times. The same product/toy can be there in multiple orders. Unit price of a product will always be the same in all orders. Order total of the order will be sum of all line totals in that order.
- DataSol Ltd needs to build a database for ToyPlanet based on the requirements given above.
You as an employee of DataSol Ltd are required to provide the design and implement the same design to produce a fully functional database system to help ToyPlanet carry out its tasks efficiently.
In this assessment you will have the opportunity to present evidence that shows you are able to:
LO1-Understand databases and data management systems
Analyse the key issues and application of databases within organisational environments
Critically evaluate the features and advantages of database management systems.
LO2- Understand database design techniques
Analyse a database developmental methodology
Discuss entity-relationship modelling and normalisation
LO3 -Be able to design, create and document databases
Apply the database developmental cycle to a given data set
Design a fully functional database (containing at least four inter-relational tables) including user interface
Evaluate the effectiveness of the database solution and suggest methods of improvement
Provide supporting user and technical documentation