This paper concentrates on the primary theme of AN OVERVIEW OF GILLETTE’S INTERNATIONAL TRAINING PROGRAM (ITP) IS PRESENTED ABOVE. THIS PROGRAM… in which you have to explain and evaluate its intricate aspects in detail. In addition to this, this paper has been reviewed and purchased by most of the students hence; it has been rated 4.8 points on the scale of 5 points. Besides, the price of this paper starts from £ 40. For more details and full access to the paper, please refer to the site.
An overview of Gillette’s International Training Program (ITP) is presented above. This program aims to develop a cadre of well-trained global managers that can help the company succeed in its various international markets. Since 70 percent of Gillette’s sales are generated outside the United States, it is important for the company’s overall strategy that this training program succeed. Assume that you have been hired by Gillette to provide a review and critique of their program. After reviewing the materials presented above, prepare a report that responds to the following issues:
1. Based on what you understand about the program, what are its principal strengths and weaknesses for Gillette? What are its principal strengths and weaknesses for the employees accepted into the program?
2. Do you agree with Gillette’s regiocentric approach to global staffing?
3. All applicants to the ITP must be single, fluent in English, and younger than thirty years of age. What are the pros and cons of each of these three admission criteria? Do you agree or disagree with these criteria? Why?
4. Does Gillette have a special responsibility to ensure that roughly one-half of its ITP trainees are women? These women would then return to fill supervisory and managerial positions throughout the company. What is your recommendation, and why?
5. As an outside consultant, what specific suggestions would you offer to Gillette to make the ITP a better program?