This paper concentrates on the primary theme of ACCT: PROFIT PLANNING AND BUDGETING (6) in which you have to explain and evaluate its intricate aspects in detail. In addition to this, this paper has been reviewed and purchased by most of the students hence; it has been rated 4.8 points on the scale of 5 points. Besides, the price of this paper starts from £ 40. For more details and full access to the paper, please refer to the site.
Option #2: Calculating Flexible Budget Variances
Stellar Packaging Products is experiencing an increase in demand for the month of August as a result of Estrella Coffee’s comeback in its retail outlets. The following fact pattern forms the basis for the static budget:
Stellar Packaging Products
Variable Costs Total
Fixed Costs Total
| Raw materials|| $ 100,000|| |
| Direct manufacturing labor|| $ 125,000|| |
| Indirect manufacturing labor|| || $ 105,000|
| Factory Insurance & Utilities|| || $ 63,000|
| Depreciation – Pressroom|| || $ 38,500|
| Repairs and maintenance – factory|| || $ 28,000|
| Selling, marketing & distribution expenses|| $ 40,000|| $ 80,000|
| General and administrative expenses|| || $ 120,000|
| Variable Cost and Volume Data||Plastic|
| Raw materials = 0.10 lbs x $2.00/lb.|| $ 0.20|
| Direct Labor = 0.025 hr x $10/hr.|| $ 0.25|
| Volume in units|| 500,000|
Sales per unit are $3.00.
- In good form, prepare the static budget operating income in contribution format.
- Suppose actual sales demand increases to 700,000 units for August; assume the units are within the relevant range. Prepare the flexible budget for August in contribution format.
- Compute and reconcile the sales volume variance for August. Indicate whether the variance is favorable or unfavorable.
- In a one page composition, provide an explanation for the change in the sales volume variance for August, and identify the elements which give rise to the difference between the flexible and static budgets. Also explain the reason for completing a flexible budget for the period.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- 2-3 pages in total length
- Formatted according to the
- Document your sources