A. Identify an education-related research topic of interest to you.
1. Create a research problem that addresses the research topic.
B. Develop a purpose statement for your research, based on the research problem and a review of relevant literature that communicates the intent or objectives of the research.
C. Develop 1-3 research questions that adhere to the following guidelines:
• appropriate to one of the major research approaches (i.e., quantitative, qualitative, mixed methods, or action)
• researchable (i.e., you can collect and analyze data to answer it)
• directly focuses on and addresses the research problem statement
1. Develop a measurable hypothesis or explain why a hypothesis is not needed for each research question.
2. Justify which major research approach (i.e., quantitative, qualitative, mixed methods, or action) you would recommend using to answer each research question.
D. Develop a narrative literature review based on 15 scholarly sources, 10 of which are empirical research journal articles, and that adheres to the following guidelines:
• includes relevant research articles
• flows logically from the broadly defined problem to more specific research questions
E. Create a reference list that includes all references in APA format.